Modern day Methods and What you want to Know
Rhinoplasty is cosmetic facial surgical procedure that’s usually done to improve a person’s physical appearance or to recover their nasal area for medical purposes . A rhinoplasty procedure involves tweaking the cartilages and bones of the nose , or sometimes tissue is inserted order to strengthen the cosmetic appeal . The method is also commonly executed to repair nasal fractures as well . If rhinoplasty is performed to repair someone’s nasal fracture , the medical doctor tries to bring back the nostril to its pre-injury condition . A related procedure often called septorhinoplasty is done on patients that additionally have a nasal blockage . Septorhinoplasty works to strengthen the look of the nose , but also stabilizes the overall structure and prevents any internal obstructions that might be blocking the patient’s nasal breathing .
Any aesthetic worries and beliefs you have need to be completely discussed before the procedure . The recommendations of your plastic surgeon along with any special limitations concerning the structure of your nose , skin , or face in general are important to have thoroughly stated you . Make-up free pictures are typically taken prior to surgery treatment to assist with both the preoperative and post surgery planning phase in order to document the results .
Make inquiries and express your concerns .
Finding a competent , experienced plastic surgeon to perform your rhinoplasty procedure should be your primary priority when taking into consideration getting any type of aesthetic surgery . ASAPS ( American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ) has recommended that each patient should ideally consider the following tips for best results :
• Consult at least 3 different surgeons before choosing one
• Be sure the cosmetic surgeon you choose is board certified
• Ask where your surgeon is privileged to legally practice to ensure his credibility
• Request to see before and after photos of previous patients
• Talk in-depth about the surgery as well as the results and recovery and any potential things that may possibly go wrong or happen unexpectedly
• Ask about the surgeon’s rhinoplasty experience . How many has he done ?
• Does the surgeon have malpractice insurance ? If not , get up and leave
• Ask about the follow-up procedures
• Request to contact former patients about their own experience
• How much does the procedure cost ? What about insurance ?
The results of rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty results could possibly be minor or major , based on the type of correction you want done , but they are however permanent . It’s extremely important that both you and your cosmetic surgeon are on the same page with regards to the objectives of your process . If you have realistic expectations and your physician, the outcome will likely be very positive overall .